On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 05:09:56PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote: > Just making sure I parsed that right. I think what you're saying is > that the device itself should represent its input pins, e.g.: > > tps6586x { > vin-ldo01-supply = <&some_regulator>; Yes, that's what I'd expect here. > ... rather than each regulator specifying its parent, which might > result in some duplication, since in this case both ldo0/1 are > supplied from the same input pin: Plus you then get back to the problem of users having to figure out where to put the references which makes everything harder to use.