On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 01:10:29AM +0200, Oliver wrote: > On Tuesday 28 August 2012 19:16:39 Oliver wrote: > > During testing I found that the kernel is indeed solid and does not panic; > > however, I managed to make conntrackd eat 100% of a CPU core on one of the > > pair and conntrack entries remained unevicted from the kernel until I killed > > the conntrackd process. > > having conntrackd running while the conntrack table is full is causing a GPF - > I have attached a dmesg output of the kernel panic resulting from a general > protection fault. > > The first GPF is from the kernel patched with the code provided in my previous > e-mail (the one for v3.4.10 based on the patch you provided me) > > the second is with my only my original patch (the one-liner that checks the > dying bit in death_by_event) - although that's likely not relevant here since > that function is not part of the stack. The problem seems to be the re-use of the conntrack timer. Races may happen in entries that were just inserted in the dying list while packets / ctnetlink still hold a reference to them. Would you give a try to this patch? Please, remove the previous I sent. Let me know if you hit more crashes. Thanks.