Hi Jiri, On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 03:19:34PM +0100, Jiri Kosina wrote: > On Fri, 2 Nov 2012, Forest Bond wrote: > > > We have some eGalax devices with class HID and protocol None that both > > usbhid and usbtouchscreen will bind to, but we only want them bound to > > usbtouchscreen. Some do in fact work with usbhid, but not all of them > > do. OTOH they all work with usbtouchscreen as of commit > > 037a833ed05a86d01ea27a2c32043b86c549be1b. > > > > We want to blacklist these devices in usbhid to avoid binding to it if > > it is loaded first. But usbhid should continue to handle eGalax devices > > with class HID and protocol other than None (e.g. Mouse). They all have > > the same vendor and product IDs, so we need to be able to blacklist on > > (VID, PID, protocol) instead of just (VID, PID). > > I see, thanks for the explanation. > > As this is the first time we are having this problem, I'd just propose to > put just another switch into hid_ignore() for USB_VENDOR_ID_DWAV, and > looking at hdev->type there to see whether we should ignore the device or > not. > > If it turns, over time, to be a more general problem for multiple devices, > we'll just introduce the more general blacklist matching then. > > How does that sound? Makes sense to me. I didn't notice the checks in hid_ignore until now. I'll send a patch in shortly. Thanks, Forest -- Forest Bond http://www.alittletooquiet.net http://www.rapidrollout.com