On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 04:43:21PM +0100, ludovic.desroches-AIFe0yeh4nAAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org wrote: > From: Ludovic Desroches > > The driver claims to support SMBus quick command but it was not the case. > This patch fixes this issue. > > Signed-off-by: Ludovic Desroches > --- > > Hi Wolfram, > > Thanks to Jean explanation about i2cdetect and eeprom behavior, I realized > that the first version of the patch was incorrect. This time all the i2c > devices are detected with i2cdetect -q. > > I hope this fix could go into 3.7 since the driver claims SMBus quick > capability but it doesn't support it. Moreover without it i2cdetect find > imaginary devices, and with some IP versions, trying to send 0 byte can cause > issue when writing data to an EEPROM. Updated the commit message with the latter paragraph and added to for-current, thanks! -- Pengutronix e.K. | Wolfram Sang | Industrial Linux Solutions | http://www.pengutronix.de/ |