On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 08:33:11PM -0600, Ricardo Neri wrote: > On 11/14/2012 05:08 PM, Mark Brown wrote: > >Don't do this. With a change like this which must be made at the same > >time over multiple subsystems it is very important that you send all the > but the changes will hit linux-next at some point and they could be > tested there, right? This isn't much fun for anyone doing git bisect, it means the device will be unusuable for large periods of history. > Sorry, as changes for the HDMI drivers go to several maintainers, I > was trying to send the relevant patches to the respective > maintainers and avoid potential merge/rebase issues. You need to make sure everyone involved knows what's going on - review should really turn up the sort of issue I just highlighted. > Tomi has already taken the DSS changes. Perhaps, if you and Tomi > agree, Tomi could also take the ASoC and the arch/arm/mach-omap2 > changes. This way all changes come from the same tree. Yes, we're going to need to do that. Ideally all the changes would be squashed into a single commit. > >>This change should be present in K3.8. > >What is "K3.8"? > I meant that Tomi took the DSS changes in [1] on his master branch > and he should push them upstream when the merge window for kernel > v3.8 opens. Do you mean that "K3.8" is "v3.8"?