On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 09:23:05AM -0800, merc1984@f-m.fm wrote: > > On Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 1:17, Sander wrote: > Forbids? That is just plain wrong. > I have one btrfs filesystem on top of two encrypted devices. Works just > fine. > > That's dynamite Sander. > > But I am not going to contravene the instructions, then have problems, > only to come back here and have fingers wagged in my face telling me > this is all EXPERIMENTAL! Well, I'm afraid that applies to the information on the wiki, too -- that's also experimental, to a degree. The notes on the wiki about behaviour of encryption layers weren't added by any of the core developers. Nobody's published concrete tests *either* way yet, and those comments are one person's opinion, as far as I'm aware (and note that they don't actually quote sources, results, or even personal experience). YMMV. Hugo. -- === Hugo Mills: hugo@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk === PGP key: 515C238D from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk --- Great oxymorons of the world, no. 2: Common Sense ---