Hi David, On Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:12:57 -0800 (PST) David Rientjes wrote: > > On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Pekka Enberg wrote: > > > > Yeah, that's a good idea - I think Pekka can apply that change > > > just fine to help anyone doing merges - I don't think kconfig > > > treats it as a fatal error. > > > > Applied, thanks guys! > > Adding Stephen to the cc. > > What's the endgame for kvmtool/next? The patch that this fixes has been > sitting in linux-next for over 15 months and hasn't been pulled by Linus, > yet some find it to be quite useful. > > Is it a permanent addition to linux-next, is there a route to mainline, > or something else? Linus has said that he will not take the kvmtool tree in its current form, but would prefer that it be a separate project, so I should really drop it from linux-next (and ask the tip guys to remove it from their auto-latest branch). I have actually been meaning to get back to this, so, today I will drop the kvmtool tree and, Ingo, if you could (at your convenience i.e. when you are next rebasing it) remove it from tip/auto-latest, thanks. This does not, of course, rule out it being reinstated if Linus can be convinced. Nor does it make a judgement on the project itself, it is just because linux-next is meant to represent what is to be merged into Linus' tree in the next merge window. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au