On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:01:35AM -0800, Joe Perches wrote: > No. It's just a guideline. As far as I'm concerned, > ignore every checkpatch message you don't agree with. Okay, glad to hear that. (there are still several hundred that should be fixed, but mass renaming variables is a bit of a PITA..) > Just be aware that there's a tool to help you get your > code looking more like what most others generally consider > "kernel style". Yeah, I've known about checkpatch; but when it generates the better part of 800 complaints, sometimes finding the ones that matter is a little difficult. > Though when you add "new" code, stuff like > > > + u32 sdio_reg_addr_17bit ; > > is untidy because of the space before the semicolon. No argument from here. FWIW, while I've worked quite a bit of this codebase, there are still large swaths of this driver I haven't given more than a cursory glance because they haven't needed debugging. - Solomon -- Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^ Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.