On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:40:00PM +0530, Omair M. Abdullah wrote: > This patch is mainly to handle GPIOs where there is some toggling of the GPIO > lines due to the switch bouncing, and the debounce time cannot be increased > further due to other constraints. In such cases, providing the specific > edge on which to trigger the interrupt helps increase the robustness. > ___ _ _ _________ > e.g. |_| |______________| |_| > insert followed by removal, where we want to trigger on the falling edge in both > cases. This doesn't make much sense to me, it's a *very* non-obvious change and it doesn't reflect what's actually happening well. If you happen to be lucky and get no bounce it'll fail. If it's working on your system there is a fair element of luck in there. It sounds like all you're looking for here is a better debounce algorithm, for example one that delays for a bit then starts polling the GPIO state at a higher rate and declares a result when the GPIO state doesn't change for a few polls.