Hi, On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 03:34:56PM +0530, Santosh Shilimkar wrote: > On Friday 15 February 2013 05:36 PM, Santosh Shilimkar wrote: > >OMAP UART IP needs manual idle modes based on state of the > >IP. Currently this is handled by the driver with function pointers > >implemented in platform code. > > > >This however breaks in case of device tree because of missing > >idle handling. > > > >The series tries to address the issue > > > >Patches has been tested on OMAP4 and OMAP5 devices where the console > >slugishness was observed without idle mode handling. CPUIDLE and > >suspend tested ok on these devices. > > > >Need help in testing on OMAP2, OMAP3 and AM3XXX devices. > > > >Santosh Shilimkar (2): > > ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod-data: UART IP needs software control of sidle > > modes > > SERIAL: OMAP: Remove the idle handling from the driver > > > HWMOD_SWSUP_SIDLE flag will is not what will help UART completely. > Also considering UART also needs async wakeup enabled as it implements > another such hook and attaches that through function pointer. this is exactly what I said at [1], which I quote: "Also, $SUBJECT isn't improving the situation regarding UART Wakeup, there is still the regression of UART never being wakeup capable. I wonder what are your ideas to sort that part out, I mean, how do you plan to implement ->set_wake() for the tty port ?" > So some more work is needed to get that sorted out at least from > sysc point of view. That way we can deal with io_ring stuff using > pin control APIs. > > Some patches will follow in attempt to address it. Stay tuned !! good -- balbi