On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 08:28:53AM +0300, Terje Bergström wrote: > On 29.03.2013 23:46, Stephen Warren wrote: > > On 03/28/2013 02:31 PM, Thierry Reding wrote: > >> By default these clocks are children of pll_m, but in downstream kernels > >> they are reparented to pll_c. While at it, decrease their frequencies to > >> 300 MHz because the defaults aren't in the specified range. > >> > >> gr2d can reportedly run at much higher frequencies, but 300 MHz works > >> and is a more conservative default. > > > > Questions on this patch: > > > > Do we need to do the same thing for Tegra30 and/or Tegra114? > > > > Is 300MHz the right value? > > > > I'm hoping that Peter, Prashant, and/or Terje can provide guidance here. > > We need a patch for all SoC's. I think we also need that for all host1x children as well. But I think we can tackle those at the same time as driver support is added. Right now only 2D and 3D have some form of user code. > 2D can fail subtly with the too high clocks, even though most of the > time it seems to be doing just fine. > > In Tegra20, 300MHz is the max rate we drive 2D in. Later Tegras have a > higher max clock, and in Tegra114 we drive it from a different PLL. But > for all of them 300MHz and PLLC should be a working configuration. I > haven't checked how we use PLLC in upstream, so I'm not 100% sure. At least on Tegra30 (CardHu) I can see that the clocks are also children of PLLC. I can add a similar hunk for Tegra30 to the patch. I have no Tegra114 hardware available and none of the downstream kernel branches I have seem to include Tegra114 support either so I can't check what's in use there, but if you say it should be fine I can include that in the patch as well. Thierry