On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 05:25:53PM +1000, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote: > This adds real mode handlers for the H_PUT_TCE_INDIRECT and > H_STUFF_TCE hypercalls for QEMU emulated devices such as virtio > devices or emulated PCI. These calls allow adding multiple entries > (up to 512) into the TCE table in one call which saves time on > transition to/from real mode. > > This adds a guest physical to host real address converter > and calls the existing H_PUT_TCE handler. The converting function > is going to be fully utilized by upcoming VFIO supporting patches. > > This also implements the KVM_CAP_PPC_MULTITCE capability, > so in order to support the functionality of this patch, QEMU > needs to query for this capability and set the "hcall-multi-tce" > hypertas property only if the capability is present, otherwise > there will be serious performance degradation. > > Cc: David Gibson > Signed-off-by: Alexey Kardashevskiy > Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras Fwiw, it would be nice to get this patch merged, regardless of the rest of the VFIO/powerpc patches. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson