On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 08:18:09PM -0700, Kuninori Morimoto wrote: > > I think it is rather unusual that you want or need to set different formats > > for capture and playback. Especially when BCLK and LRCLK are shared. That's > > probably why it isn't supported yet. > This (playback and capture wer different format) is first case for me. > Maybe ak4554 is very special. > OK, I understand, thank you very much The reason this is only supported is that there's an assumption that the DAI will have the same clocks for both directions - if the clocks can be formatted differently then it looks a lot like two separate interfaces. It's also a bit odd to want to use different formats, there's rarely any reason to do that.