* [U-Boot] Porting ehci-exynos.c to handle exynos4412 (odroid-u2)
@ 2013-07-07  9:15 Suriyan Ramasami
From: Suriyan Ramasami @ 2013-07-07  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi wonderful folks!

    I own an odroid-u2 and the u-boot that comes with it does not have usb
support. Its configuration is smdk4412 and I do not find that in the u-boot
sources. I see it in the arndale and harkernel branches.

   I do see that usb support was added to the arndale platform - which is
exynos5 based. Is it easy to port it for exynos4412?

   I did try it porting on my own accord and am listing it below...

   I seem to be hitting issues in drivers/usb/host/ehci-exynos.c ->
function setup_usb_phy(struct exynos_usb_phy *usb).
Would passing the correct address of usb for the exynos4412 do the trick?
If so what should it be?
  In this same file ehci_hcd_init() uses gpio->x3 and gpio->d1. In exynos4
looks like x3 is from gpio_part2. Also, do the d1 and x3 translate to the
same gpiod1 and gpiox3 in the exynos4412?

Furthermore, ehci-exynos.c uses functions from
arch/arm/cpu/armv7/exynos/system.c which for the most part  are exynos5
oriented and do nothing for exynos4.

Can someone guide me as to what I could do, or some pointers to helpful
docs? I do have the Exynos 4412 user manual.

Thanks
- Suriyan

* [U-Boot] Porting ehci-exynos.c to handle exynos4412 (odroid-u2)
@ 2013-07-08  6:56 ` Lukasz Majewski
From: Lukasz Majewski @ 2013-07-08  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 02:15:17 -0700, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:

Hi Suriyan,

> Hi wonderful folks!
>
>     I own an odroid-u2 and the u-boot that comes with it does not
> have usb support. Its configuration is smdk4412 and I do not find
> that in the u-boot sources. I see it in the arndale and harkernel
> branches.
>
>    I do see that usb support was added to the arndale platform -
> which is exynos5 based. Is it easy to port it for exynos4412?

Patches for Exynos4412 based board (TRATS2) were already sent on the
mailing list:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/161578/match=introduce+samsung's+new+board+trats2

Please refer to them. It shall be relatively easy to add odroid-u2
support based on TRATS2.

--
Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group

* [U-Boot] Porting ehci-exynos.c to handle exynos4412 (odroid-u2)
@ 2013-07-08 18:03   ` Suriyan Ramasami
From: Suriyan Ramasami @ 2013-07-08 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello Lukasz,
   Thanks for your response. I guess I was not very clear with my question.

   u-boot code already exists for the odroid-u2 (that is what it uses).
Unfortunately, it does not have USB support. I am looking at just adding
the EHCI and USB (uses a 3503A) part of the code.

   I checked the TRATS2 patch and it too does not have any code that
touches the USB part of things.

Thanks
- Suriyan

@ 2013-07-08 19:47     ` Lukasz Majewski
From: Lukasz Majewski @ 2013-07-08 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 11:03:05 -0700
Suriyan Ramasami <suriyan.r@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Lukasz,
>    Thanks for your response. I guess I was not very clear with my
> question.
>
>    u-boot code already exists for the odroid-u2 (that is what it
> uses).

So I assume that the u-boot code was the part of the BSP?
The problem then seems to be with enabling and building the usb code?

Another question is, how close your odroid's u-boot is to the mainline?
Which version of u-boot do you have?

> Unfortunately, it does not have USB support. I am looking at
> just adding the EHCI and USB (uses a 3503A) part of the code.
>
>    I checked the TRATS2 patch and it too does not have any code that
> touches the USB part of things.

This is true. We aren't using EHCI (USB Host). Instead we are
supporting USB Device + Composite layer + Gadgets (like DFU + UMS).
Support for those devices is "almost" in mainline :-).

Regards,
Lukasz Majewski

@ 2013-07-11 16:39       ` Suriyan Ramasami
From: Suriyan Ramasami @ 2013-07-11 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Yes, the u-boot is based off of 2010.12:
The source with the odroid-u2 (Exynos4412) mods are in
https://github.com/hardkernel/u-boot

You are right, the problem is in enabling USB. I do not seem ot find
documentation as to the IO addresses and what values to poke/peek in them
to initialize and power on the USB PHY.

There is however a linux source tree which has support for this device,
which works the USB quite well. I am trying to steal and grab the
initialization steps from the linux kernel and pull it into u-boot.

The files that I seem to need to modify are mainly in
drivers/host/usb/ehci-exynos.c with some usb phy power code in
system.c/power.c in arch/arm/cpu/armv7/exynos/ in u-boot. The linux src
tree that I am trying to decipher is in arch/arm/mach-exynos/setup-usb-phy.c

Thanks
- Suriyan