Hi: What is your burst size in rte_eth_rx_burst? Can you provide the shell command you run, both test-pmd and your code? From: jinho hwang Date: 2013-07-12 23:46 To: dev Subject: [dpdk-dev] 1 core / 1 port receiving performance discrepancy Hi Guys, I am currently testing my code with two machines(X5650 @ 2.67GHz, 82599EB): one runs my code, and the other runs Pktgen. The first task is to see how my code performs comparing to test-pmd. Both use only one port with one core to receive packets. test-pmd uses rxonly mode. My code only receives packets and discards them right away, and there are no other processing at all. Different from what I expected, test-pmd shows 33M packets (do not count on the second --- just total number of packets sent from Pktgen), whereas mine shows 18M packets with the same traffic. I have tried to configure many things such as increasing rx queue size, increasing max packet receive buffer, but the number did not make differences. Can I get some help? Thank you, Jinho