* [U-Boot] How to create a library with already built library
@ 2013-07-16 22:24 Julyberry
From: Julyberry @ 2013-07-16 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello,

I am new to U-Boot and try to add some codes for implementing some logic as
a feature. This entry routine of this new code will be called from main_loop
in common.

To achieve this, there are some new codes that I am adding to
u-boot/lib/libua(new folder) and I also need to link an already built
library with my new code.

I looked at the existing Makefiles and config.mk in U-Boot source root.
It looks like the the following code is used in Makefile.

$(LIB): $(obj).depend $(OBJS)
        $(call cmd_link_o_target, $(OBJS))

However, it seems that the *cmd_link_o_target* routine only takes 1 argument
as defined in config.mk.
How can I link the already built library with the new library I am creating?

Any help will be appreciated.

* [U-Boot] How to create a library with already built library
@ 2013-07-17  7:19 ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-07-17  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Julyberry,

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:24:16 -0700 (PDT), Julyberry <senkoh@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new to U-Boot and try to add some codes for implementing some logic as
> a feature. This entry routine of this new code will be called from main_loop
> in common.
>
> To achieve this, there are some new codes that I am adding to
> u-boot/lib/libua(new folder) and I also need to link an already built
> library with my new code.
>
> I looked at the existing Makefiles and config.mk in U-Boot source root.
> It looks like the the following code is used in Makefile.
>
> $(LIB): $(obj).depend $(OBJS)
>         $(call cmd_link_o_target, $(OBJS))
>
> However, it seems that the *cmd_link_o_target* routine only takes 1 argument
> as defined in config.mk.
> How can I link the already built library with the new library I am creating?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

You don't want to link an already built library with a new library. You
want to build a target with both libraries in it. Dependencies
between the libs will be handled by the linker.

So look for the Makefile which contains the line(s) that link the
existing library, and duplicate the same lines (possibly conditional) to
link in your new library also.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] How to create a library with already built library
@ 2013-07-17 17:52   ` Julyberry
From: Julyberry @ 2013-07-17 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Thanks for the reply.

Could you help with find the Makefile where it links the already built
library?

I tried to modify the main Makefile but it looks it tries to generate the
library.

* [U-Boot] How to create a library with already built library
@ 2013-07-18  6:49     ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2013-07-18  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Julyberry,

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 10:52:41 -0700 (PDT), Julyberry <senkoh@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Could you help with find the Makefile where it links the already built
> library?
>
> I tried to modify the main Makefile but it looks it tries to generate the
> library.

Well, you can get help here, as your request appears on-topic; or you
can join the u_boot IRC chan. In either case, you should at least tell
us the name of the existing library you are mentioning, and the name of
the new library you are adding.

> Thanks,

Amicalement,
--
Albert.

* [U-Boot] How to create a library with already built library
@ 2013-07-25  0:50       ` Julyberry
From: Julyberry @ 2013-07-25  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Thanks. I was able to link the target by modifying the main Makefile. I will
look for how to subscribe the other mailing list.