On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 06:01:15PM +0200, Johannes Berg wrote: > On Sun, 2013-08-11 at 22:19 +0200, Johan Almbladh wrote: > > ieee80211_rx_h_sta_process: > > The updating of last_rx for an IBSS STA is conditional on the STA > > being AUTHORIZED. That state is the same regardless of whether the > > updating is done before or after decryption. > > That's true, but my concern here was about the reboot problem: > * two stations join a secure mesh and communicate > * one of them reboots, but quickly rejoins the mesh > In this case sometimes it gets hard to detect the situation and keeping > the other station alive. OTOH, it already happens for beacon frames > which aren't encrypted anyway, so I think it shouldn't matter. Antonio? For the "reboot detection" mechanism only the beacon and the AUTH frames are involved, therefore (since both are not encrypted) there should be no problem. Cheers, -- Antonio Quartulli ..each of us alone is worth nothing.. Ernesto "Che" Guevara