On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 04:38:19PM +0530, Sourav Poddar wrote: > On Thursday 10 October 2013 03:44 PM, Mark Brown wrote: > >Essentially what it looks like this hardware is trying to do is adapt a > >serial flash so it looks more like a parallel flash. It's not clear > >that this is a good idea if we are already able to understand serial > >flash though. > Do you have any idea of how to go about implementing it in a more > cleaner way?(taking care of all what the spi controller hardware needs to > do for the memory mapped mode.). I understand doing a memcpy in the caller > itself, but how to tackle the spi controller configuration at that > point of time. You'd need to lock the bus and return the address for the caller to use until it released the lock. Like I say I'd want to see numbers on this helping though. > Memory mapped is a spi controller feature rather than a flash. The way it appears to be implemented is pretty flash specific isn't it?