On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 01:03:26PM +0000, Gupta, Pekon wrote: > mtd_read() { > if (flash->mmap_mode) > if (dma_available) > read_via_dma(destination, source, length); > else > memcpy(destination, source, length); > else > /* use spi frame-work by default */ > } > Are you looking for comparison between read_via_dma() v/s memcpy() ? No, I'm looking for a comparison of normal SPI mode (which I'd have expected to DMA) and the memcpy() mode. > If yes, then unfortunately we are bit constrained because our controller > does not support DMA. So, we have to depend on CPU based memcpy() > only. However, use of DMA can be added as an independent patch on > top of this CASE-2 patch. However if the controller can't DMA at all then that's not going to be possible... am I understanding you correctly that normal SPI can't DMA?