On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 01:54:10PM -0700, Stephen Warren wrote: > - DMA device > This allows requesting DMA channels for a device other than the device > which is registering the "PCM" driver. This is quite unusual, but is > currently useful on Tegra. In much HW, and in Tegra20, each DAI HW Acked-by: Mark Brown but this one especially I'd like to get into ASoC as soon as possible since this one should be being used by other things. I'm a bit concerned about anything actually using dma_dev since it indicates that something is being worked around, it'd be a bit nicer to print a warning when doing this to give people a hint that they might not be doing the right thing if they use it (unless someone comes up with a system that has a clear use case for it).