* Bluetooth high speed supported drivers or patches for kernel 3.11
@ 2014-02-12  9:58 Viswanatham, RaviTeja
From: Viswanatham, RaviTeja @ 2014-02-12  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bluez mailin list (linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org)

Hello all,

I bought a USB bluetooth 3.0 HS +Wifi dongle which I want to transfer data rate with 24Mbit/s.  The dongle contains  Realtek 8192cu  and CSR drivers. I got to know from the bluez mailing list it contains SoftAMP.  I want to know is there any possibility to get the drivers or patches from the bluez which can enable the mac80211 to reach high speed.

Any hints to get high speed data transfer rate.

Thanks in advance
Raviteja

* Re: Bluetooth high speed supported drivers or patches for kernel 3.11
@ 2014-02-12 10:05 ` Andrei Emeltchenko
From: Andrei Emeltchenko @ 2014-02-12 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Viswanatham, RaviTeja; +Cc: bluez mailin list (linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org)

Hi Raviteja,

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:58:19AM +0000, Viswanatham, RaviTeja wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I bought a USB bluetooth 3.0 HS +Wifi dongle which I want to transfer
> data rate with 24Mbit/s.  The dongle contains  Realtek 8192cu  and CSR
> drivers. I got to know from the bluez mailing list it contains SoftAMP.

I am afraid that the SoftAMP is supported only in Windows drivers.

Best regards
Andrei Emeltchenko

> I want to know is there any possibility to get the drivers or patches
> from the bluez which can enable the mac80211 to reach high speed.
>
> Any hints to get high speed data transfer rate.

* AW: Bluetooth high speed supported drivers or patches for kernel 3.11
@ 2014-02-12 10:21   ` Viswanatham, RaviTeja
From: Viswanatham, RaviTeja @ 2014-02-12 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrei Emeltchenko; +Cc: bluez mailin list (linux-bluetooth@vger.kernel.org)

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 09:58:19AM +0000, Viswanatham, RaviTeja wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I bought a USB bluetooth 3.0 HS +Wifi dongle which I want to transfer
> data rate with 24Mbit/s.  The dongle contains  Realtek 8192cu  and CSR
> drivers. I got to know from the bluez mailing list it contains SoftAMP.

I am afraid that the SoftAMP is supported only in Windows drivers.

I tried to send data file through windows from  PC to PC it works and  could also reach high speed. I want to send data through Linux via bluetooth with high speed. I could send data via bluetooth but I couldn't reach high speed.

I am a bit confused what exactly I need to enable to run bluetooth with high speed ?

Is it  problem with wifi driver or with the bluetooth. I am little bit worried here.

Any hints or suggestion would be really appreciated

 Thanks
BR
Raviteja