On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:27:57PM +0100, Gerhard Sittig wrote: > On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 16:46 +0200, Ivan T. Ivanov wrote: > > SPI transfer lenght should be a power-of-two multiple > > of eight bits. > Are you suggesting that an SPI transfer cannot consist of e.g. > three bytes? This would be surprising, and certainly would be > rather wrong an assumption. Am I missing/misunderstanding > something? The check is supposed to be verifying that the transfer is a whole number of the current SPI word size as I understand it (not actually looked at the change yet but that's where it came from, factored out of a driver).