* [U-Boot] U-Boot XML support
@ 2014-02-14 10:25 Hannes Petermaier
From: Hannes Petermaier @ 2014-02-14 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi folks,

In future i have the need to fetch some settings (display timings,
mac-addresses) from an XML file stored in some flash.
This is necessary for having only one configuration space for the
bootloader and the OS. The OS is VxWorks which uses this information too.

So my question, is there any support for reading XML in u-boot ?

Best regards,
Hannes

* [U-Boot] U-Boot XML support
@ 2014-02-14 11:00 ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2014-02-14 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Hannes,

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:25:00 -0000 (UTC), "Hannes Petermaier"
<hannes@petermaier.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> In future i have the need to fetch some settings (display timings,
> mac-addresses) from an XML file stored in some flash.
> This is necessary for having only one configuration space for the
> bootloader and the OS. The OS is VxWorks which uses this information too.
>
> So my question, is there any support for reading XML in u-boot ?

No, there isn't, as a 'git grep -i xml' shows: XML is only mentioned
in the doc/DocBook and tools/kernel-doc directories.

But since you'll need to provision the file onto the target anyway, you
just need to pass it through script which will convert it into U-Boot
environment variables.

> Best regards,
> Hannes

Amicalement,