On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 02:23:01PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote: > BTW, about your patch: I don't think it's good to embed the endianness > in asoundlib.h. It makes the header file appearing differently, > depending on the architecture, which is rather confusing. Is this more what you have in mind? (Less portable than autoconf, but not set at configure time.) The four files which included endian.h were: - include/asoundlib-head.h - include/local.h - include/sound/type_compat.h - src/pcm/pcm_file.c The endian.h line(s) in asoundlib.h is now generated by configure. local.h includes the appropriate endian.h vs sys/endian.h file & defines the relevant macros. type_compat.h doesn't seem to be used anywhere? So I left it alone. pcm_file.c includes pcm_local.h which includes local.h, so I removed the #include (Still far from being able to compile alsa-lib, but it's a start...) Cheers, Patrick