On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 04:56:00PM -0600, Bjorn Helgaas wrote: > > I'm seeing the exact same message on my thinkpad t430s. > > When I try your patch, modesetting no longer works. When it tries > > to change to the framebuffer I get a black screen and lockup. > > If I boot with nomodeset it locks up when it gets to X. > > It all scrolls by too fast to read, but it looks like there's still > > a backtrace present. > > Ouch, sorry about that. I do see a bug in my patch (fixed below), but I > don't see how that could cause what you're seeing. updated diff made no difference fwiw. > Maybe I could figure > out something from this info (this can be from a kernel without my patch): > > - dmesg log > - output of "find /sys/devices/pnp0 -name id -o -name resources | xargs grep ." > - output of "sudo lspci -s00:00.0 -xxx" attached from a fedora build of rc1. Dave