On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 05:30:39PM +0530, Tushar Behera wrote: > XCLKOUT mux register (0x10040a00) is not part of core clock SFR range, > rather it is part of pmu-system-controller node. > One option would be to add a clock provider for XCLKOUT. That would > require me to extend current clock driver to get the > pmu-system-controller phandle which in turn is dependent on the patch to > early initialize syscon driver.[1] > Will it be okay to configure XCLKOUT in snow sound-card driver by taking > the phandle of pmu-system-controller from device tree? The > implementation is provided below. I can't think of any reason why we'd not want to have this visible as a clock? Ideally we don't want to have any ASoC specific clock APIs when we're done, the reason we do at the minute is that the clock API isn't available as standard.