On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 12:43:17PM -0400, Vince Weaver wrote: > On Fri, 2 May 2014, Peter Zijlstra wrote: > > > In principle the vfs file refcounting should be responsible for that. > > But I'll go over it in a bit. > > The poll code is ancient and the C-parser in my head really can't handle > it very well. Yeah, that code isn't my favourite part either.. > Anyway for completeness this is the kind of thing I'm seeing. > The poll() manpage isn't very clear about what is supposed to happen if > you poll() on a closed file descriptor. POLLNVAL Invalid request: fd not open (output only). Seems applicable.. Also, could you send your entire diff this way so we're more or less staring at the same code again?