On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 08:12:47PM +0530, Naveen Krishna Ch wrote: > On 9 May 2014 19:21, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Fri, May 09, 2014 at 05:50:00PM +0530, Naveen Krishna Ch wrote: > >> DRM related drivers like DP, FIMD, HDMI, Mixer wants to be probed ASAP > >> during the boot. > >> The real problem comes when, one of these drivers do a regulator_get(). > >> If the physical supply is not enabled/hookedup the regulator_get() call > >> assumes that physical supply is present and returns a > >> "dummy_regulator" (But, not an error). > >> Because of which, Display and several other devices fails to work. > > These drivers are buggy, if they geniunely expect and handle a missing > > supply then they should be using regulator_get_optional() to request the > > regulator and even if they don't the use of subsys_initcall() is not > > going to fix anything here - if a dummy regulator is going to be > > returned the time things are probed won't make a difference. ... > If all the I2C, SPI, DMA, I2C_TUNNEL, DRM based LCD are all mod_probes() > DRM drivers are probing a head of the PMIC probe. Which is causing the > display drivers to get "dummy_regulators" instead of the real supplies. No, it really won't - I have no idea what you are doing but it's not mainline. If you are getting dummy regulators then you don't have a supply present at all and probe ordering isn't going to make a blind bit of difference. Please provide a specific technical description of the problem you are seeing in mainline.