On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 09:52:03AM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote: > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Houcheng Lin wrote: > > > The Problem > > ----------- > > The reset signal on a hardware board is send either: > > - during machine initialization > > - during bus master's initialization > > I just thought about this a bit, since there isn't already a generic GPIO > reset driver, just call this drivers/reset/reset-gpio.c and make the > ability to deferral just a configuration detail of the GPIO reset driver. Philipp has been working on one for quite some time. See http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg321927.html However, it seems to progress slowly, and we don't seem to be able to reach a consensus here. If you ask me, having to set a few extra properties like this just advocates for a regular reset driver and DT node for the reset GPIO, but I'm pretty sure Philipp will feel otherwise :) Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com