On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 10:33:23AM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote: > On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Mark Brown wrote: > > Right, but Linus said we didn't need this conversion to descriptors so > > I'm a bit confused as to what the issue he was raising was. > Now I'm probably confusing myself... > All drivers should as far as possible use descriptors internally, doing > things like gpio_to_desc() only for backward-compatibility where > necessary, with the intent of eventually ridding the integer interfaces > entirely. > It may be an eternal project, but hey, we are atleast two of us > pursuing it. OK, so in that case Russell's code should be fine then and we don't need to do anything - great!