On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 09:02:22 +0200 (CEST) Mikael Abrahamsson wrote: > On Sun, 3 Aug 2014, NeilBrown wrote: > >> 2) how UREs should be visible? Via error reporting through dmesg? > > > > If you want to see how the system responds when it hits a URE, you can use the > > hdparm command and the "--make-bad-sector" option. There is also a > > "--repair-sector" option which will (hopefully) repair the sector when you > > are done. > > Does this command do the same as with a real URE, ie will try until the > timeout of the drive (which is what, 90 seconds on a consumer drive, 7 > seconds of an enterprise drive, right?). All I know is what I read in "man hdparm". NeilBrown