On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 07:17:35PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote: [...] > diff --git a/drivers/pwm/Kconfig b/drivers/pwm/Kconfig [...] > +config PWM_LPSS_PCI > + tristate "Intel LPSS PWM PCI driver" > + depends on PCI > + select PWM_LPSS [...] > +config PWM_LPSS_PLATFORM > + tristate "Intel LPSS PWM platform driver" > + depends on ACPI > + select PWM_LPSS I changed both of the above select PWM_LPSS to depends on PWM_LPSS because that makes them show up in a more meaningful way in menuconfig and otherwise it looks weird if the PWM_LPSS shows up as automatically selected without being useful in itself. This way the PWM_LPSS is sort of a common core that PWM_LPSS_PLATFORM and PWM_LPSS_PCI use. An alternative that's commonly used for this would be to hide PWM_LPSS from users and keep the select within PWM_LPSS_PLATFORM and PWM_LPSS_PCI. That would be okay with me too. Let me know if you have any objections to this change. Thierry