On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 04:40:57PM -0700, Doug Anderson wrote: [...] > I was doing some thinking about what to do, then. I wondered whether > the right thing to do is not to make a "rk3288 syscon" driver that > configures these bits, but rather to make a "rk3288" driver has access > to the syscon. It could live in drivers/soc/rockchip/rk3288.c and we > could give it a handle to the syscon. It could do the one-time > initialization. It would also be a place to put special rk3288 APIs > in cases where other drivers need similar things. > > What do you think? Yes, that could work. There have been recent discussions about adding such machine drivers that match on the top-level compatible string in the DT. I still think that subclassing syscon would be the cleanest solution, though. Thierry