On Mon, Sep 08, 2014 at 01:22:44PM -0700, Stephen Boyd wrote: > Where is this described? From the commit text that introduces > IORESOURCE_REG I see: > "Currently a bunch of I2C/SPI MFD drivers are using IORESOURCE_IO for > register address ranges. Since this causes some confusion due to the > primary use of this resource type for PCI/ISA I/O ports create a new > resource type IORESOURCE_REG." > And the comment next to the #define says "Register offsets". I don't see > anywhere where it mentions these are CPU addresses. Certainly the > current IORESOURCE_REG users aren't CPU addresses because they're > SPI/I2C device drivers. Right, the intention was specifically to handle things where IORESOURCE_MEM wasn't appropriate as it wasn't ever going to be memory mapped I/O and should be in a separate address space.