also sprach Roberto Spadim [2014-09-13 13:56 +0200]: > Try a bcache or something like it also sprach NeilBrown [2014-09-15 06:11 +0200]: > It is a persistent cache though. Oh cool, and it optimises writing too, I'll definitely will check it out, thank you! > But I suspect you will find that SD cards aren't really fast > enough for your needs. It wouldn't hurt to experiment on just an > SD card and see how it performs. Sure, and this will be much easier to set up. However, even my cheap camera SD outperforms my rotational disk, especially with dmcrypt… -- @martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/ an egg has the shortest sex-life of all: if gets laid once; it gets eaten once. it also has to come in a box with 11 others, and the only person who will sit on its face is its mother. spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net