* [U-Boot] Parsing of multi-line env vars broken
@ 2014-09-26  8:24 Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2014-09-26  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

HI,

this is just a heads up:  the handling of multi-line environment
variables is broken in recent versions of U-Boot (and probably has
been broken for some longer time - can't tell exactly as I have a bit
of a problem to bisect across the MAKEALL / Kconfig changes):

Test case:

- Set multi-line var:

	=> setenv foo 'echo line 1
	> echo line 2
	> echo line 3'

  OK

- Print multi-line var:

	=> print foo
	foo=echo line 1
	echo line 2
	echo line 3

  OK

- Run multi-line var:

	=> run foo
	line 1

  ERROR.  Only the first line gets executed, the rest is missing.
  Only the first line gets parded by the hush shell...

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A good teacher will lead the horse to  water,  an  excellent  teacher
will make the horse thirsty first.                     - Mario Cortes

* [U-Boot] Parsing of multi-line env vars broken
@ 2014-10-09 23:01 ` Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2014-10-09 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On 26 September 2014 02:24, Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:
> HI,
>
> this is just a heads up:  the handling of multi-line environment
> variables is broken in recent versions of U-Boot (and probably has
> been broken for some longer time - can't tell exactly as I have a bit
> of a problem to bisect across the MAKEALL / Kconfig changes):
>
> Test case:
>
> - Set multi-line var:
>
>         => setenv foo 'echo line 1
>         > echo line 2
>         > echo line 3'
>
>   OK
>
> - Print multi-line var:
>
>         => print foo
>         foo=echo line 1
>         echo line 2
>         echo line 3
>
>   OK
>
> - Run multi-line var:
>
>         => run foo
>         line 1
>
>   ERROR.  Only the first line gets executed, the rest is missing.
>   Only the first line gets parded by the hush shell...

As a follow-up, please see this potential patch:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/397428/

Regards,
Simon