On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 05:35:40PM +0800, Kuankuan.Yang wrote: > I'm working on Designware hdmi-audio, also add it as a standard ALSA device. > Before I saw this email, I also planed to submit my patchs to upsteam. > I'm very grateful if you can email those patchs to us. I've attached the set of patches - they're part of a much bigger patch set for supporting the Cubox-i in mainline, but should apply cleanly. They're against a 3.17 base rather than 3.18-rc, but I do have these rebased as 3.18-rc2 based patches too. I've been waiting for imx-drm to move out of drivers/staging before deciding where they should live - there seems to be no good place in the sound/ subtree to place these (sound/soc is not the right place.) They're being used not only with the SolidRun Cubox-i and Hummingboard, but also the Novena project too. One thing the audio part does not yet support is using SDMA on iMX6 to feed updates to the audio DMA, so this driver should work with other non-iMX6 SDMA. Patches 21 to 23 are various attempts to try and fix a problem I've noticed only on certain iMX6 SoCs (two different revisions of the DW IP are used in iMX6 depending on whether it's the solo/dual-lite parts, or the dual/quad parts.) Inspite of the published errata, I found that the given workarounds had no useful effect on the problem, and like most bought-in IP, it's extremely difficult to resolve these kinds of issues from an open source perspective without having commercial links with manufacturers to gain access to internal documentation and/or support. The CEC bits provide a mostly compatible interface with the current FSL iMX BSP trees, but with a different structure to it, and hopefully less buggily than the FSL driver. There has been an effort to add support for the FSL interface to libcec, but when I've looked at the library, I've never been impressed by the code, nor by the authors handling of anything but a clean transmission (which IMHO makes the whole thing unsafe, especially if you have multiple devices on the CEC bus, you need the logical ID arbitration to work properly.) -- FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 9.5Mbps down 400kbps up according to speedtest.net.