On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 02:08:45AM +0000, Bard Liao wrote: > > > This patch fixes bit definitions for two ASRC control registers 0x84 and > > 0x85. > > This appears to do something more or different to fixing definitions - if it > > was fixing I'd expect to see equal numbers of lines added and removed in > > blocks identical apart from some numbers but this appears to be adding > > some new definitions like these... > Maybe we should call redefine rather than fix. The previous definition of > registers 0x84 and 0x85 doesn't match the register's description. To make > the code more readable, we would like to rewrite the definition of registers > 0x84 and 0x85. Yes, if it's just redefining the definitions that are currently unused then it should be described as such - a fix is something that should get sent to Linus and possibly also to stable.