Hi, On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 09:20:59PM +0000, Al Viro wrote: > On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 10:00:24AM -0800, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > > This series cuts down the amount of fiels in the public iocb that is > > allocated on stack for every synchronous I/O, both by removing fields > > from it, and by adding a aio-specific iocb that is only allocated > > for aio requests. > > > > Additionally it cleans up various corner cases in the aio completion > > code and allowes for adding a simple in-kernel async read/write > > interface. > > > > The first few patches are from Al's gadget branch and reposted > > here because they are needed for the rest of the series. > > FWIW, I would really like to hear from USB folks concerning those patches > (gadgetfs ones, that is). I don't have any way to test them beyond "does > it compile" - no hardware that could run Linux and act as USB slave and > no idea if there are any sane emulator setups (e.g. qemu doesn't seem to > emulate anything drivers/usb/gadget/udc/* stuff would understand). > > I'm not happy about the idea of having it merged into vfs.git#for-next > with zero testing and no comments from the people actually using the > drivers in question, _especially_ if it becomes a never-rebase branch > used as prereq for other development. > > Now that the merge window is closed, could USB folks review and comment > on the stuff in > git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs.git gadget > ? > > PS: I would prefer to rebase #iov_iter and #gadget to -rc1, actually... give me a couple days, quite busy myself ;-) -- balbi