On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 04:52:02PM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert (git) wrote: > From: "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" > > Prior to the start of postcopy, ensure that everything that will > be transferred later is a whole host-page in size. > > This is accomplished by discarding partially transferred host pages > and marking any that are partially dirty as fully dirty. Again, I wonder if this might be a bit more obvious with send/receive_host_page() helpers. Rather than jiggering the basic data structures, you make the code only do the transmission in terms of host page sized chunks, doing the dirty check against all the necessary target page bits. Or better yet, a migration_chunk_size variable, rather than host page size. Initially that would be initialized to host page size, but gives easier flexibility to improve future handling of cases where source hps != dest hps. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson