* Enable little endian kernel: misspelled Kconfig item
@ 2015-03-25  7:57 Valentin Rothberg
From: Valentin Rothberg @ 2015-03-25  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: david.daney; +Cc: ralf, linux-mips, linux-kernel, lrosenboim, aleksey.makarov

Hi David,

your commit 9861908f081f ("MIPS: OCTEON: Enable little endian kernel.")
adds the following conditional select to arch/mips/Kconfig:

+       select SYS_SUPPORTS_HOTPLUG_CPU if CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN

The problem is the 'CONFIG_' prefix for 'CPU_BIG_ENDIAN'.  The item is
always off since the prefix does not work as we are in a Kconfig file.
Hence, the if-statement never evaluates to true.

It can be fixed by simply removing the 'CONFIG_' prefix.

I detected this commit with ./scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py.  Commit
b1a3f243485f ("checkkconfigsymbols.py: make it Git aware") added support
to check (and compare) undefined Kconfig symbols in Git commits.

Kind regards,
 Valentin

* Re: Enable little endian kernel: misspelled Kconfig item
@ 2015-03-25  9:12 ` Ralf Baechle
From: Ralf Baechle @ 2015-03-25  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Valentin Rothberg
  Cc: david.daney, linux-mips, linux-kernel, lrosenboim, aleksey.makarov

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 08:57:20AM +0100, Valentin Rothberg wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> your commit 9861908f081f ("MIPS: OCTEON: Enable little endian kernel.")
> adds the following conditional select to arch/mips/Kconfig:
>
> +       select SYS_SUPPORTS_HOTPLUG_CPU if CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN
>
> The problem is the 'CONFIG_' prefix for 'CPU_BIG_ENDIAN'.  The item is
> always off since the prefix does not work as we are in a Kconfig file.
> Hence, the if-statement never evaluates to true.
>
> It can be fixed by simply removing the 'CONFIG_' prefix.
>
> I detected this commit with ./scripts/checkkconfigsymbols.py.  Commit
> b1a3f243485f ("checkkconfigsymbols.py: make it Git aware") added support
> to check (and compare) undefined Kconfig symbols in Git commits.

I've folded in a fix for the issue.

  Ralf