On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 21:59:38 -0400 Phil Turmel wrote: > I read through this. Given all of the destructive actions you took, I > am doubtful you will ever get your data. Like mounting "readonly". > That gives you a readonly filesystem, but it writes to the device. > Possibly a great deal if there's a journal to replay. Are you sure, which FS does that? I remember some discussion on FS lists (Btrfs?), and IIRC the consensus and the implemented behavior was that the device shouldn't ever be touched with writes on RO mounts, no matter what. -- With respect, Roman