On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 04:54:39AM +0000, Kuninori Morimoto wrote: > If my understanding is correct, the information which userland > can get is setuped in .open Yes. > But, DPCM cases, it cares only cpu information. why it doesn't care codec ? Like I said before for most systems that do DPCM (and certainly the ones Liam's been working on) there's a DSP in place which rewrites all the data between the front end and the back end so the constraints of the CODEC aren't visible to the application layer. > I guess DPCM should be... > FE.hw = fe_cpu & fe_codec > BE.hw = be_cpu & be_codec Usually there's nothing "CODEC" visible at the front end for these systems. > And, if no FE constraint, final image will be > hw = FE.hw & BE.hw Well, BE and CODEC but probably.