В Thu, 07 May 2015 16:40:29 +0200 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko пишет: > > Used in old mkisofs. > > "Do not add trailing dot to ISO file names without dot." > > An alias is available: -omit-period > > > Or user can use --d > >> In future we can make a rule to add only options starting with --. > > > > This will not really create clarity because i already added > > options with "--" to -as mkisofs. Mainly to get out of > > the way of future mkisofs extensions. The current option > > set of xorriso -as mkisofs is strictly irregular. > > > In retrospect we should have put a --grub- there. But OTOH > --grub- makes options that longer. For rarely used options it's not a > problem though. Can we have --grub* space? > > util/grub-mkrescue.c: In function ‘main’: util/grub-mkrescue.c:455:27: error: assignment discards ‘const’ qualifier from pointer target type [-Werror] argp_argv[argp_argc++] = "--output"; ^ Folks, I really suggest to bite the bullet and switch to argp. There is nothing wrong in changing syntax once in a lifetime; moreover, I expect that most users who actually care already adapted to new syntax - we have it for one and half year. So you just introduced yet another incompatibility without really fixing anything.