On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 02:25:28PM +0530, Viresh Kumar wrote: > On 12-05-15, 14:42, Michael Turquette wrote: > > Quoting Viresh Kumar (2015-04-30 05:07:59) > > > Why should this new binding exist? > The answer to this particular query is perhaps simple, i.e. we have > unsolved problems that we wanted to solve in a generic way. > But probably the bigger question is "Should we really put the OPPs > (new or old bindings) in DT". And also is trying to do this in a completely generic manner the right way of going about things - do we really understand the problem area well enough to create a completely generic solution for all cases, bearing in mind that once things go into a DT binding they become an ABI?