From: Brian Foster <bfoster@redhat.com>
To: "Rhorer, Leslie" <Leslie.Rhorer@Level3.com>
Cc: "xfs@oss.sgi.com" <xfs@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair fails
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 06:43:42 -0400	[thread overview]

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 04:17:17AM +0000, Rhorer, Leslie wrote:
> I have an XFS filesystem built on a 24T RAID6 Array under Debian Jessie Linux.  The kernel is 3.16-2-amd64, and the xfs_repair version is 3.2.1.  The file system has some inconsistencies, but every time I try to run xfs_repair, it segfaults.  What should I do?

Include as much information as you can about the filesystem, storage and
problem:

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_information_should_I_include_when_reporting_a_problem.3F

For a repair crash, the full output of the repair is a good start. Also,
an xfs_metadump of the fs is probably the most effective tool to help us
try and reproduce the problem, if you have somewhere you can post one.

Brian