On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 08:35:41AM +0200, Bruno Prémont wrote: > > > NB: I should hopefully get my battery supply driver ported this WE, > > > ac-in/rtc are done, this WE. I'm going to default-off for them as well > > > (note that for some extra details should be provided in dts). > > > > I'm guessing we won't be using the axp288 one? > > In a first step I won't be using it. > > There are a few reasons for that: > - axp288 is based on ACPI/platform to provide configuration information > instead of dts That's not an issue. You have an API to handle lookup in both DT and ACPI (the fwnode_* stuff). > - it makes extensive use of OCV and registers that are possibly present > on axp20x but undocumented there. That will be more problematic. Still I don't see why we wouldn't use a similar setup to what they did. Maxime -- Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com