Am 18.11.2015 um 17:26 hat Eric Blake geschrieben: > On 11/18/2015 05:08 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote: > > Am 18.11.2015 um 11:30 hat Markus Armbruster geschrieben: > >> Eric Blake writes: > >> > >>> No need to keep two separate enums, where editing one is likely > >>> to forget the other. Now that we can specify a qapi enum prefix, > >>> we don't even have to change the bulk of the uses. > >>> > > >>> ## > >>> -{ 'enum': 'BlkdebugEvent', > >>> +{ 'enum': 'BlkdebugEvent', 'prefix': 'BLKDBG', > >>> 'data': [ 'l1_update', 'l1_grow.alloc_table', 'l1_grow.write_table', > >>> 'l1_grow.activate_table', 'l2_load', 'l2_update', > >>> 'l2_update_compressed', 'l2_alloc.cow_read', 'l2_alloc.write', > >> > >> I'm no friend of the 'prefix' feature. You could avoid it here by > >> renaming BlkdebugEvent to Blkdbg. No additional churn, because you > >> already replace hand-written BlkDebugEvent by generated BlkdebugEvent. > >> > >> Alternatively, you could reduce churn by renaming it to BlkDebugEvent. > >> > >> Matter of taste. Perhaps Kevin has a preference. > > > > Wouldn't that mean that we end up with a C type called Blkdbg? In my > > opinion that's a bit unspecific, so if you ask me, I would paint my > > bikeshed in a different colour. > > Most of the existing qapi names are Blkdebug, it was only the internal > enum being replaced that used BlkDebug. Also, qapi would munge BlkDebug > into BLK_DEBUG, so I think we want to stick with the lowercase 'd' so > that the munging (without 'prefix') would stick to BLKDEBUG. Oh, I don't really have an opinion whether BlockDebug, BlkDebug or Blkdebug is the best spelling. I think Blkdebug makes sense. But I do have a strong opinion on whether the enum should be called BlkdebugEvent or just Blkdbg (without any mention of "Event"). The latter doesn't describe any more what the type is about. > I'm also fine if you want me to do a followup patch that renames all > enums from BLKDBG_L1_UPDATE to BLKDEBUG_EVENT_L1_UPDATE, at which point > we could drop the 'prefix' (I don't know how many lines it would make > long enough to need different wrapping, but modulo wrapping it would all > be a mechanically scripted change). I don't mind the 'prefix' feature. I think it's nice to have short, but still unique enough constant names, but if Markus is bothered enough to send a patch, I can live with BLKDEBUG_EVENT_*. Kevin