On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 10:37:02AM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote: > On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 10:58:54PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > So the multiple modules are a block of at most 255 16 bit words? That's > > a bit surprising - is it really a count of the number of modules or > > rather the size of the block of data that's being squirted at the DSP? > Nope, as you would think that does not make sense :) > So we do not point to module memory here, we are sending IPC saying module > X, Y and Z are being loaded, data contains the module IDs only. The IDs are > 16 bits so sizeof(u16) and number of modules pass as arg > The modules are transfered with Code Loader DMA which invokes this as IPC > after preparing DMA from Host. > This way IPC allows us to load One or multiple modules at one shot Can you please at least put this in the same patch as the user if not merge it more closely? This is another of those abstractions that's really unclear just sitting by itself with no explanation.