On Wed, Dec 02, 2015 at 02:11:56PM +0800, mengdong.lin@linux.intel.com wrote: > From: Mengdong Lin > > Machine drivers can set the name of one or more auxiliary components. > And the ASoC core will find and probe the auxiliary components. > > Machine drivers can use this to specify the components with topology. > Then when the components are probed, topology info will be loaded to > the core. This makes sense as a replacement for the existing aux_devs but this doesn't feel terribly strongly related to the rest of the series and we're not actually doing the transition yet. What's the relationship with dynamic links and what's the plan for transition? There's CODECs that could be transitioned relatively straightforwardly since they have no DAIs and can only be used as aux_devs, it's them I'm mainly thinking of here - the rest will need to wait I fear.